Saturday, January 14, 2006

Parents in Training.

Well, I just walked downstairs after attempting to put my 2 nieces to sleep. My wife and I (probably more my wife) are taking care of her 2 nieces for 4 days while their parents are in FL for a meeting/vacation. I would think that this would be good training for the future baby, but my wife says that God doesn't just give you a 2 and 4 year old straight out of the box, He slowly works you into parenthood. I know that both the nieces are looking forward to their parents coming home, but I think my wife and I are also. We've had our share of watching Peter Pan, Dora the Explorer, Scooby Doo, Strawberry Shortcake, and other children children's flicks. We are looking so forward to watching regular adult programs..heck, even the evening news on a regular network sounds good. We've also had our fair share of child based restaurants..aka, Chuck E cheese and Chick fil a. Kids have so much energy..if I could have just a small sliver of their energy, I could so much more done during the day. Oh to be young and without responsibility. Well the kids have driven my wife and I to hide in the bedroom. Sleep will not be much further off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where do babies come from?