Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Oh the places they will send you...

Well, it's been a week since my last update. My 'wonderful' job (hint sarcasm) has been throwing changes at me at the most inopportune times. I was informed while on PTO a week back that I would likely be in town this week, but then I was assigned to a random insurance client in Florida. The manager on this client first told me that I would be in Tampa for a week, but then changed his mind on Thurs. of last week and said that I was going to Orlando. I tell ya, trying to book a flight from Memphis to Orlando at the last minute is near impossible. I booked a flight but got to the airport to check-in and the kiosk said that I was on the waiting list for seats because the flight had been over-booked (aka, the airline has got your money, but can't guarantee you that it can get you to where you're going when you need to be there..buncha of idiots..no wonder Northwest and Delta are going bankrupt...(hint of sarcasm)). Well, luckily I was assigned a seat after everyone had already boarded and I sat in a tiny space for 2 hours. Not my happiest experience.

Oh well, enough of my complaining. I am in Orlando for a week. I haven't been to Orlando since probably 1989 (wow, 16 yrs). Needless to say, this place has changed so much. The client is right across the road from Universal Studios. The city is not what I remember when I was brought down here to disney as a middle schooler. There is so much money that has been thrown around. Disney and Universal is one big theme park along I-4 with a lot of malls and hotels to fill in the spaces (and to take your money). It's one big money pit. Guess the idea of spending an entire week at Disney just isn't up there on my Big list of things to do. All I see is a big mouse jumping into a vault of dollars while I'm staring at an empty wallet.

Well, I think I've said my peace tonight. Maybe I need to get some sleep.

Also, here is an update of the current albums that are worth listening to:
1. Sigur Ros-Takk
2. Bloc Party-Silent Alarm (Remixed)
3. Richard Hawley-Cole's Corner

Time to sleep in this empty hotel room.

No comments: