Monday, December 11, 2006

Best of 2006: Pt. 1-Music Reissues

When you are an avid music fan, you fall on one side or the other when it comes to year end 'Best of' lists: (a) you either hate them and don't like to attempt to categorize music from best to worst; or if you are like me, you look forward to what people consider to be the best albums of the year. Over the past few years, I've restrained my lists to only the top 25 or so albums, but this year I've decided to expand my horizon to include reissues, album disappointments, TV shows, movies, and of course, music albums. To start out my year end lists, let me start with my top music album reissues. I'm not going to attempt to list them in any certain order (so don't assume that #1 is really the best of the group.

1. Beach Boys-Pet Sounds
2. The Cure-Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
3. Depeche Mode-Violator
4. Depeche Mode-Songs of Faith and Devotion
5. Pavement-Wowee Zowee!
6. T. Rex-The Slider
7. T. Rex-Tanx
8. Jesus and Mary Chain-Pyschocandy
9. Jesus and Mary Chain-Darklands
10. Manic Street Preachers-Everything Must Go
11. Massive Attack-Collected
12. Gram Parson-The Complete Reprise Recordings
13. Pulp-Common People
14. Pulp-This is Hardcore
15. Johnny Cash-Live at San Quentin
16. REM-And I Feel Fine: Best of the IRS Years 1982-1987
17. The Cure: The Head on the Door
18. Go Betweens: That Striped Sunlight Sound

Well, I don't have time (and am not paid) to document my justification in numerous paragraphs as to why I selected the above reissues. They are just a list of albums I found important and worth mentioning this year. Let the one or two talkbackers discuss the list..haha.

Currently listening to:
The Brother Kite
Waiting for the Time to be Right
Released on: 9-12-06

No comments: